Faust problems

I’m using faust2 branch, had no issues with their master branch for compiling on faust0. I guess that’s because there was no strings used in the patch on old version.

Regarding headers - the one that FAUST includes after the Patch.h is C++ header from #include <string>, while you seem to be talking about double include of the C #include <string.h> which is not happening here.

faust2 doesn’t have the new memory management option. Is there a reason why you want to use faust2 over master-dev?

I’m having a hard time reproducing your error. With faust2 tip, OwlProgram master tip, and gcc-arm-none-eabi-5_4-2016q2 I still get no compilation errors.

faust2 (on GIT) has the the new memory management option.

Martin, I’m fine with either faust0 or faust2, I was mostly testing it since you’ve mentioned that you’ve been running faust2 branch before and asked me if I can find any problems with it - https://hoxtonowl.com/forums/topic/faust-problems/page/2/#post-2935 .

For reference, I’ve uploaded an example of what I get when building the patch to github, note the C++ string library that gets used later - OwlProgram/FaustPatch.hpp at 4eaf4536d6317260af21a6f646e228c00ea8e1b3 · antisvin/OwlProgram · GitHub

Would you be able to compile it?

yes you are of course right, sorry, my mistake!

@stas I get the same errors as you when compiling your generated FaustPatch.hpp (but not for some reason when generating it myself).

The errors are cleared if I add #include <string> to the top of Source/PatchProgram.cpp.

Can you try that pls? If it works for you I’ll update the repo.

Yes, that fixes it for me too

Great, I’ve pushed that to OwlProgram faust-dynamem branch.