2 basic questions about Lich

1. Can the Lich support a USB hub (ie Can I use more than 1 midi controller ??)
  2. How do you locate and save patches beyond #9 if it is a single digit readout, yet specs say up to 40 can be saved ??

I don’t think USB hubs are supported, even though this might be added in a firmware update eventually. Also it would likely require a powered hub to be practically useful, since Lich itself would provide up to 0.5 A current. This is typically sufficient for a single device, but with multiple connected it could become an issue. @mars might have something to add about this.

Regarding patch number, it shows the last digit of patch number. This means that 1, 11, 21, 31 would be shown as just β€œ1”. Also, display has nothing to do with saving patches, because it is done from a PC by sending MIDI data. You only need to look at display if you switch patches without a connection to PC.

@antisvin is quite right.

We’re planning a firmware update which will display β€˜A’, β€˜b’, β€˜c’, β€˜d’, β€˜E’, β€˜F’ for patches beyond 9. Not sure exactly how many we can sensibly support that way, but more than presently.

1 Like

the reason I asked about the hub is because I have 2 different midi controllers that can control different aspects of the Lich without any preprogramming or diving, and I noticed that some modules DO support a hub, so I figured I’d ask before trying. The last thing I want to do is damage the unit in any way, Thank you for the quick response.