About the expression input [partially solved]

Hello everyone,

I’m trying to create a gen~ patch with a simple oscillator who receive the CV pitch by the expression input of OWL Pedal. Is it possible ?
I use the exp in and CV in other patches as trigger or other kind of modulation and seems to work but i can’t track a good and stable pitch. I use Reaktor blocks pitch cv out but no luck. Any suggestion ?

Thanks.

[update]

I’ve partially solved the problem using a little math:
since the reaktor blocks pitch out is between -1 and 1 I have normalized the output multiplying the signal to 0.5 and adding another 0.5 to have a range between 0 and 1, next I have to multiply to 0.4 to reach the Expression pedal input scale (the number is not perfect yet, I still try and err).

Now I have a reasonable tuned CV oscillator in my OWL pedal, hope this info will be useful to someone.

Cheers.

P.S: sorry for my bad english, I’m Italian.

That’s really cool! Could you do a video to share to show how it works?

You will probably always have to do some scaling and offsetting when pitch tracking this way, since it depends on the specifics of your output. Are you using a DC coupled audio interface?

If you start with a scalar of 1 and then pick two points some easy distance apart, e.g. 1, 2 or 3 octaves, then you can work out the scalar as the wanted (target) value divided by the actual (measured) value.

For the offset, output your ‘base’ value (e.g. 440Hz or zero or whatever). The offset, ie the value to subtract, is the difference between measured and target values.

Thanks. Yes I’m using a DV coupled soundcard and with a little try and err I track a reasonable tuned oscillator with the exp in.