I purchased the OWL mainly to prototype some of my audio development on an ARM Cortex. So, I recently wanted to give the pre-installed patches a try to see if everything works as expected. I connected an output from my audio interface to the left input of the OWL and ran the OWL’s left output back into one of my interface’s inputs.
Then I just ran a basic drum loop in a DAW and routed the audio to the OWL. The only output signal I was able to get out of the OWL was distortion and noise though. I assume I’m just missing something here. I’m no Eurorack expert so maybe I’m getting some power or signal levels wrong here. Any help would be appreciated on this :).
P.S.: The module seems to boot OK, the green LED is glowing. I also tried switching banks and patches and the module seemed to be loading them, guessing by the red fast blinking LED. I ran a quick attempt at trying to install the Mac OWL Control binaries but they won’t run on my Mac. I’ll try compiling OWL control from source to see if I can get it to run that way next.
UPDATE: I patched some Eurorack level signals through the owl modular yesterday and it worked OK. I then tried sending some line level from my phone through the owl and it also worked. I have no idea why the interface outs wouldn’t work, Ill get anther chance to test with the interface tonight. I’ve organized an expert sleepers interface module for the future, so once i receive that these issues shouldn’t be a problem anymore.