Byspassed LED

Hi,

I think it would be better if the green LED stayed off when the pedal is bypassed. I don’t know if it has a reason, but for me is confusing. I usually don’t know if the pedal is engaged.

At the moment the LED is switched off when bypass mode is engaged, or when the pedal starts up in bypass mode.
If you consequently press the button, the LED will light up again.
I agree that this can be confusing.

Ideally I think the LED should respond regardless of bypass state, but switch off after e.g. 1 sec if in bypass mode. That is a little bit tricky to achieve in the firmware without adding a conditional in the audio block process loop, which is why it’s not been done yet.

I think that having it permanently off in bypass mode is not a good solution since the pedal would appear non-responsive.

Yes, I was thinking the same. But instead of a delay time, what about disabling the green LED? This way you would see the interaction, but the LED would stay off.

And that’s easy, just checking if bypass is active before switching on the green LED.

Ah I see what you mean now! Yes I think that’s a great idea.
I’ve created a new issue:

Now the red led stays on because the only way to turn it off is to call setLed(NONE|GREEN). I made a pull request on github (I think, I’m learning git). It’s just two lines.

Thanks Jose, this should all be working now in the master firmware branch.