Cant compile any patches

Hi there,

I’m unable to compile any patches right now… I am using gen …its weird because its happening with all my patches but also tested it with the example patches like Simple FM, PGL,Xfade delay, etc.
keep getting this error:
Patch Compilation Failed
In file included from /tmp/owl/owl-src-f4pgxA/SimpleSine.h:27:0, from /tmp/owl/owl-src-f4pgxA/SimpleSine.cpp:1: /tmp/owl/owl-build-E8CJ9s/Source/genlib_ops.h: In function ‘t_sample trunc(t_sample)’: /tmp/owl/owl-build-E8CJ9s/Source/genlib_ops.h:137:33: error: ‘t_sample trunc(t_sample)’ conflicts with a previous declaration inline t_sample trunc(t_sample v) { ^ In file included from /opt/OwlProgram.online/Tools/gcc-arm-none-eabi-7-2017-q4-major/arm-none-eabi/include/c++/7.2.1/math.h:36:0, from Libraries/CMSIS/Include/arm_math.h:311, from ./LibSource/basicmaths.h:25, from /tmp/owl/owl-build-E8CJ9s/Source/genlib.h:80, from /tmp/owl/owl-src-f4pgxA/SimpleSine.h:25, from /tmp/owl/owl-src-f4pgxA/SimpleSine.cpp:1: /opt/OwlProgram.online/Tools/gcc-arm-none-eabi-7-2017-q4-major/arm-none-eabi/include/c++/7.2.1/cmath:1843:3: note: previous declaration ‘constexpr float std::trunc(float)’ trunc(float __x) ^~~~~ make[1]: *** [/tmp/owl/owl-build-E8CJ9s/SimpleSine.o] Error 1 make: *** [patch] Error 2 ERROR: Patch build failed.

I’m getting a compile error on my Gen patch ‘FourStep02’ as well:

In file included from /tmp/owl/owl-src-SBjNGS/mrFourStep02.h:27:0, from /tmp/owl/owl-src-SBjNGS/mrFourStep02.cpp:1: /tmp/owl/owl-build-vn47SH/Source/genlib_ops.h: In function ‘t_sample trunc(t_sample)’: /tmp/owl/owl-build-vn47SH/Source/genlib_ops.h:137:33: error: ‘t_sample trunc(t_sample)’ conflicts with a previous declaration inline t_sample trunc(t_sample v) { ^ In file included from /opt/OwlProgram.online/Tools/gcc-arm-none-eabi-7-2017-q4-major/arm-none-eabi/include/c++/7.2.1/math.h:36:0, from Libraries/CMSIS/Include/arm_math.h:311, from ./LibSource/basicmaths.h:25, from /tmp/owl/owl-build-vn47SH/Source/genlib.h:80, from /tmp/owl/owl-src-SBjNGS/mrFourStep02.h:25, from /tmp/owl/owl-src-SBjNGS/mrFourStep02.cpp:1: /opt/OwlProgram.online/Tools/gcc-arm-none-eabi-7-2017-q4-major/arm-none-eabi/include/c++/7.2.1/cmath:1843:3: note: previous declaration ‘constexpr float std::trunc(float)’ trunc(float __x) ^~~~~ make[1]: *** [/tmp/owl/owl-build-vn47SH/mrFourStep02.o] Error 1 make: *** [patch] Error 2 ERROR: Patch build failed.
CLOSE

yeah i think there’s something wrong with the online compiler right now :confused: It seems to work fine when I tested it with pure data… wish I was better at pd

I do lots of M4L, so Gen is a reasonably simple switch. Pure Data seems like more of a jump!

Has anyone else on this site been able to get the compiler to work in the last week or so for Gen patches?

@martinruss hey i dunno if this helps your situation but I got my gen patch to compile by using the owl patches in the package manager in max/msp. i couldnt figure out why this wasnt working for me but i realized now its because i needed to update max/msp

Hmm. Updated Max to 7.3.5, and re-installed the OWL package through the package manager. I now get:

typedmess: genexport: corrupt object

I think I got that error too at some point, the entire process is pretty testy. Usually to get it to work I have to do everything at least 3 times if that makes any sense.

Ah - I will try a few times! This is an interesting extension to ‘Have you tried turning it off and on again?’ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks like it broke when I upgraded the cross-compiler on the live server. It no longer accepts the gen~ libs implementing its own version of trunc().

I’ve fixed it now, it’s live on the online compiler, and in the master branch of OwlProgram. Let me know if you have any more problems, and if possible give me the patch name then I can try re-compiling it.

1 Like

Ok. I’ll try it tonight. Stoked to give it another try.ive been using the owl software in the max package manager in the meantime. However every time I try to load a sysex file onto the pedal lately using owlcontrol I’ve been getting the “invalid or missing patch” error. It’s weird cuz it’s doing it with patches that I’ve successfully loaded on there before using the same method.

It works. Thanks!!!

1 Like