Cant compile Pd patch

Hello everyone,

Just got my Lich running and now I’m working on compiling my first patch for it.
I get these errors:

" 1) e[91mErrore[0m pd2hv: _main.pd in “_main.pd” @ (x:0, y:0): There was an error while connecting two objects. Have all objects been correctly instantiated? Have all inlets and outlets been declared? 2) e[91mErrore[0m pd2hv: [comment text] in “_main.pd” @ (x:190, y:-1531): Connection made to non-existent inlet at [comment {u’text’: ‘null object placeholder’}]:0. 1) e[93mWarninge[0m pd2hv: _main.pd in “_main.pd” @ (x:0, y:0): This graph contains an empty object. It should be removed or defined. 2) e[93mWarninge[0m pd2hv: _main.pd in “_main.pd” @ (x:0, y:0): This graph contains an empty object. It should be removed or defined. INFO: make exit code is 2. "

AND

" mv: cannot stat ‘/tmp/owl/owl-build-rgdM6F/c/*’: No such file or directory make[1]: *** [/tmp/owl/owl-build-rgdM6F/Source/Heavy_owl.h] Error 1 make: *** [heavy] Error 2 ERROR: Patch build failed. "

What could be the issue? Maybe there are common guidelines to follow when making a Pd patch?

Thanks!

Hey @Someplastic ,

The error in your patch says that there’s an unconnected object, so I guess that’s what the actual problem is. You can share a link to the patch in the library without making it public if necessary, but there’s probably nothing to solve for us other than connecting object graph correctly.

The easiest approach for new PD users is to start with Lich template patch . There’s also a recent PD tutorial for Lich that is a step by step guide for making a patch from scratch. And keep an eye on PD docs.

Hey @antisvin
Yes I’ve watched the tutorials and made the patch on the template.
I’ve looked to not have any spaces in the names of sends - that’s solved.
How do I share the link in the library privately?

I mean just copy the link here without making the patch public. It would be accessible by direct link.

Ah yes sure, lets hope the link works

There are 2 “undefined” object in that patch, looks like that might be the mistake here.

Oh yes it did work! I’m so blind, sorry. Previously worked only with max, need to adapt my eyes, haha.
Well it seems the overloads and freezes the lich - off to solve it.

2 Likes