Creating your own environment - Linux - FirmwareSender puzzle

Hi - I am pretty new to getting the local OwlProgram environment going, running it in WSL as @antisvin kindly suggested so was wondering if anyone got the FirmwareSender working correctly for loading patches on a device. I followed the instructions, i think, but get what looks like wrong location lookup for ALSA after building and loading a patch.
Maybe I missed something…

rebel@DESKTOP-L34213B:/mnt/e/OwlProgram$ make GEN=MIDItestMinMax clean load
Building patch MIDItestMinMax
Sending patch MIDItestMinMax to OWL-* to load
JUCE v5.2.1
ALSA lib seq_hw.c:466:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No such file or directory
FirmwareSender: seq.c:1153: snd_seq_nonblock: Assertion `seq' failed.
Aborted
make: *** [Makefile:143: load] Error 134
rebel@DESKTOP-L34213B:/mnt/e/OwlProgram$

when I built firmware sender, I had a couple of warnings but maybe they aren’t important. I followed the instructions for building the sender as well.

rebel@DESKTOP-L34213B:/mnt/e/FirmwareSender/Builds/Linux$ make
Compiling FirmwareSender.cpp
Compiling crc32.c
cc1: warning: command line option ‘-std=c++11’ is valid for C++/ObjC++ but not for C
Compiling sysex.c
cc1: warning: command line option ‘-std=c++11’ is valid for C++/ObjC++ but not for C
Compiling include_juce_audio_basics.cpp
Compiling include_juce_audio_devices.cpp
Compiling include_juce_core.cpp
Compiling include_juce_events.cpp
Linking FirmwareSender - ConsoleApp
rebel@DESKTOP-L34213B:/mnt/e/FirmwareSender/Builds/Linux$ cp build/FirmwareSender ../../../OwlProgram/Tools

any things come to mind ?

hmm… alsa not found at all. Should this be in the instructions? i started with ubuntu and it didnt have it, maybe just a weird system windows installed with wsl automatically

or is a kernel issue… ffs. maybe this WLS thing doesnt have it in win10

Alsa is not a program, it’s a library name. It looks like the kernel module snd_seq used to access is not loaded. That’s the module used to access MIDI interfaces. It could be a matter of running modprobe snd_seq or you might have to unload some incompatible modules first. Try looking for error message and solution for your OS.

I gave up with WLS on windows and just ran a VirtualBox - that way you can use maxmsp without issues and have the firmware sender. So finally can test your code additions with .wav playback through data