Delay effect with send/return bus (Tannhäuser patch)

I started playing with the Tannhäuser pd integration (currently in alpha) and here’s a first patch.

It’s a simple mono delay patch, but using the second audio channel (the “R” channel) as send/return bus for audio that is then fed back into the delay buffer.

Get the firmware binary at: ext-fx-delay-01.bin
And the pd patch if you’re curious: ext-fx-delay-01.pd (the schematic is shown below)

Upload the firmware binary with OwlNest, then make sure to select the “Tann” effect for both red/green slots, otherwise it won’t load. Don’t try to upload the pd file, it will brick your pedal.

The controls:

• Effect send
  • Delay time (up to 900ms)
  • Feedback
  • Effect return (really a crossfade between clean and wet signal)

You can use this to create delay effects with all kinds of peculiar character, for example by patching in a distortion pedal; or even to chain two delay pedals which you can then control with a single “send” knob.

It’s a simple example of using the Owl for “modular” effects that aren’t self-contained, but instead act as one component together with other effect pedals. I was really excited that the Owl is a stereo pedal because it allows for such modular effects. (This also means this patch won’t work without a second effect pedal; but of course you could simply patch the “R” output directly into the “R” input and get a clean/boring delay.)

Great ! I like the use of the stereo i/o :slight_smile:

Avec quoi installe-t-on ce patche ?
je n’ai pas réussi et j’ai fini par planter la pédale.

Hi Kohakazi, to install this patch :

• download the .bin file from Martin’s post
  • in owlnest, use the Tools/Update Device Firmware from file
  • select the .bin file

Sorry, but that had not worked that way.