File format for patches?

I have an Owl pedal and am looking for patches to download. They all seem to be in .hpp-format and not .syx and won’t load. Can someone point me in the right direction? I can’t find any documentation regarding this?

hello!

If you are using a browser with Web MIDI support, such as Chrome, then you can simply click Connect then Load to send the sysex directly to the device. This is assuming you’re using our online patch library to find patches.

Also on the Patch details page you have Sysex download links on the bottom left of the page. If the link isn’t there, it means the patch hasn’t been compiled.

1 Like

.hpp is the C++ source code. It doesn’t run on device directly, you have to compile it into format that can be loaded. This is the MIDI SySex format (.syx files) that can be built in web patcher (there’s also download link from previous builds). It’s also possible to build those files on your PC directly without using web patcher, but that would take some extra steps to setup compiler.

1 Like

Ok, so I’ve switched to Chrome and that works fine for the stuff on Rebeltechs site but I’m still lost when it comes to compiling other hpp-files. I’m using a mac so I guess I need to set up some sort of compiler?

You can compile them in web patcher too! And that’s the easy way to do it. If you want to compile them manually, this is the repository (it has the same code used by the online patcher to compile them)

I keep getting “Access denied” when trying to save and compile patches in the web patcher. Debug mode says: "Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 401 (Unauthorized)

The certificates seem fine so that’s not the problem as some other posts suggest. Tried 3 different browsers including Chrome with the same results.

Hi @musjuh are you still having problems?