First Patch Complete: Arpeggiator Pitch Shifter w/ Ext Tap Tempo

Took all week, but I have my patch done. It’s pretty busy, but check it out if you get the chance.

It allows you to pitch shift a signal in different sequences of 4 to 8 steps in Major/ Minor/ or Octaves. The speed is adjustable and you can also use an external Tap Tempo pedal in Input 2. It can be played order of Ramp Up/ Ramp Down/ Up and Down/ and Random. I tried to make it as user friendly as possible.

1 Like

So how does the ‘external Tap Tempo pedal in Input 2’ work? I couldn’t see how to detect a momentary switch to ground, so I’ve been looking at making a DC coupled extra input using circuitry from the Modular…

Very jankily! I just started using Gen (or C for that matter) this week, so I’m sure there’s an easier way.

I have an external tap that goes tip to sleeve and it outputs a small audible click into the signal once when I press and a quieter one about a third of the volume when I release. So I multiplied the signal enough so that the first click exceeds a threshold while the other doesn’t and it outputs a 1 for the duration of the click (about 4-10 samples). I tested it for awhile and it worked very reliably with my footswitch, but I changed the B Knob to attenuate the sensitivity for other switches, haven’t tested, though. I then made sure that it would ignore any and all “1’s” for 50 ms after the 1st detected sample (no way can I manually press it that fast, so it should be sufficient) creating a bang for all intents and purposes. And from there I just used what was laid out in the Tempo Delay tutorial Rebel Technology put out. It worked a treat!

Okay… Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Not sure I like relying on capacitor leakage, so I will explore this fork and see how it goes as a backup ‘No h/w mods required’ potential future merge candidate, leaving my ‘adding a DC coupled input’ as my main path.

(I was impressed with what you managed to squeeze into the available knobs and switch! I look forward to your next project with huge anticipation! Kudos!)