Found a work around for presets but OWL crashes

So I finally found a work around to save presets for every patch on the OWL pedal and make it so it only receives one midi channel (well technically it receives omni still but you can make it in pure data so that it’s on it’s own port away from the other 16 channels.) My work around is using a raspberry pi 3 running a puredata patch made for those 2 things. After my intial triumph however I realize that sometimes when I change a preset the OWL just crashes and makes a loud annoying constant tone which would obviously not work for live use. Anybody have any suggestions for a possible fix? I’ve seriously gone through soooo much to get this fucking thing to work way I want it to and now this is my only hurdle. If it helps I’ve attached a link below to the patch if you all want to use it yourself as well. It’s very useful and the way this pedal SHOULD function. You know. Except for the crashing thing. Anyway, any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I’m also just interested to see how well it functions for you

Edit: forgot to mention the program change you send to pure data must be on channel 8 as that’s the way I’v set it up but you can change it to anything you want by editing the pgmin object in the top left corner of the patch and just put any channel you want in replace of the 8

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_1ZDP6HwQxklVV8V2DxBa6SplUKhvFt7 Here it is. Brief instructions would be to change the sliders however you want them and then press the green toggle with an “S” to prep it to save a preset. you can either send a program change to pure data or if you’re to lazy to hook something up (like me) I have provided message boxes on the far right that are going into the [receive MosesKills>:)] object (idk why I named it that haha.) Then your preset will be saved and the toggle will be turned off to confirm that. After the toggle is turned off you can then press (or send the program change) to recall the preset. Just so you know to change the patch of the owl you have to change the horizontal slider and then press the blue “P” bang object to actually change it. I did this because changing the patches to fast on the Owl leads to the obvious crash that I mentioned above. However this happens to me sometimes even when I just press it ONCE. which is unacceptable. Any help is greatly appreciated and if you get it to work without any crashes please let me know what you did and have fun with the patch.

Edit: forgot to mention the program change you send to pure data must be on channel 8 because that’s what I’ve set it to for personal use but you can change it to anything you want by just editing the pgmin object at the top left corner of the patch to say whatever channel you want instead of 8

btw make sure to scroll all the way to the right when you open up the patch. The stuff on the left is just all the preset stuff and it’s just the guts of the thing. Not the user interface persay which is all the stuff on the right side

Just to confirm that it is in fact the patch changing on the owl that is crashing it and not just to many midi messages I edited the patch to make it so that the presets would violently change between each other at high speeds without doing it to the program change so it would just stay on the same patch and just affect the CC values and it handles it perfectly and I’ve had it going like this for about half an hour now. So it is in fact the patch switching that crashes the owl. Anyone else encounter this issue? Maybe I need to update the firmware or something