Granular/stutter patch problems

I’ve been making a bunch of granular/stutter patches in Max/MSP Gen. Weird thing is when I test them in Max they work fine but once I load it onto the OWL it behaves differently. On Max I can get the sound where the stutter is so short that it turns into a “pitched” type of sound but once I load it onto the OWL I can never get this sound. Weird thing is that this works fine on the sample patches “PGL” and “CV Chucker”. I’m not sure what the reason that this is so, can any one think of a reason?

It’s not something to do with the parameter ranges being different? The OWL parameters always go from 0.0 to < 1.0, i.e. you’ll get to 0.999 but never 1.0.
If you’ve got a link to a patch then we can have a look for you.

Hi Mars thanks for the reply.

here’s a link to a stutter patch ive been working on:

lemme know what you think the issue might be. The patch sounds totally different on Max than it does on the OWL. Just really trying to get that “pitched” stutter sound in addition to makes up to a second of loops.

Basically the patch has four controls: push the button to record, A knob is the stutter start time B knob is the stutter end time of what ever was recorded into the buffer and the audio obviously stutters. C doesnt do anything right now and D knob is the mix. Obviously you can get the pitched sound by making the A parameter almost equal to the B parameter.

Weird thing is ive also tried a similar effect by making a simple delay patch with an infinite feedback function that’s made to do something similar to the stutter patch. I still cant get that “pitched” sound once I’ve loaded the patch on to the OWL but it works perfectly in the max patch.

I dunno if its a prob with the params being different. I have everything scaled from 0 to 1 and some of the values clipped from .001 to .999