Lich Parameter Mapping in Faust

Hello there!
I recently got the new Befaco Lich and have some programming backgorund in Faust.
I was looking for some documentation of the mapping of Faust parameters to the Lich hardware, but could not find any comprehensive information about these topics:

• Parameter mapping with the [OWL:X] meta information (include parameter ranges)
  • v/oct scaling on the inputs
  • accessing CV OUT 1/2 and GATE OUT

Any resources regarding this topic would be really helpful to let me bring my Faust programs to hardware.

Cheers!

Hi @JZerbian, did you miss this doc?

I surely did. Thank you very much.
It might be worth it to put this link in the tutorial section on the rebeltech.org website. If needed, I might be able to provide a small Faust tutorial.

1 Like

I’ve actually suggested @mars to put links to forum header just today. Adding them to tutorials page might be a good idea too.

And yeah, an extra tutorial would be quite welcomed.

It might be worth it to put this link in the tutorial section on the rebeltech.org website.

done!

I’ve also gone through all the Tutorial posts and changed old links that were still pointing to hoxtonowl.com, our old website. Hope they didn’t throw you off!

suggested @mars to put links to forum header

This turned out harder than expected. The discourse plugins that do this are apparently not working on our installation, maybe it’s too old :frowning: and needs an upgrade :construction_worker:

I might be able to provide a small Faust tutorial

That would be awesome!

Looks like it can be done either with a plugin or by modifying theme - Best way to customize the header - admins - Discourse Meta

That said, this forum occasionally gets periods when it start lagging heavily, loading pages for 5+ seconds. Could be something that got fixed in a later version (or it could get even more broken!).

That was fast, thank you very much!

Regarding the tutorial: I don’t know which form for you would be best, the easiest thing for me woulde be to write the tutorial in Markdown, but if you prefer something different, that might be okay too.

1 Like

I’m sure that MD would be fine, it can be converted to other formats if necessary.

Hey there,
I am still missing the right identifer, to access the CV outs. I tried the example but, it did not work for me on my Lich.

Ah I see, we need to update the docs there.

CV out 1 and 2 on the Lich are OWL parameters F and G, respectively.

edit: I’ve update the docs and example now, pls have a look and let me know if it is still not clear.

And the Gate OUT is OWL parameter E ? or H ?

Buttons and parameters are separate entities. So for button 1 you’ll use “[OWL:B1]” in your Faust labels, etc.