Lich sysex help

Hi all

Is way where load patches to my Lich offline ? Im trying download syx file but not working ( win10 + fw 21.0 and midiox ). When send syx display say L and module freeze. When use online rebeltech loader Lich working fine.

Please help how to load syx. (exist offline util ?)

Thanks Kamil

Hi Kamil,
You definitely can upload sysex files without web patcher. But you need to send a few extra bytes that would tell firmware witch patch slot should be used.

The official (and easy) way to deal with this is with this software - GitHub - pingdynasty/FirmwareSender: Utility program to package and send firmware and dynamic prog

And there are some example for using amidi to send Sysex data without FirmwareSender on Linux that show how to do it here

Many thanks

Util send ok but not stored

FirmwareSender.exe -out OWL-MIDI -in EnvFollow.syx -store 6
Sending file EnvFollow.syx
to MIDI output
checksum 0xa1fa835c
store slot 6

Ah, I’ve just realized that FirmwareSender is normally used on patch binaries, not sysex files. So it can be used to just convert binary to sysex or also to send results to device. But it looks like it can’t read sysex without converting it. I think we should wait what @mars has to suggest. Maybe firmware sender could be updated to read sysex files as input, which would make it useful for loading patch copies.

Another option would be an HTML/WebMIDI based patch uploader. We have something similar for firmware updates. This would be usable from a browser window without requiring internet connection.

Thanks info about this problem.

Lich is very interesting module. Future patch upload utils will be very usefull.

You could try using this: OpenWareLaboratory

Once the page has loaded it needs no internet, and there’s a function to upload a sysex patch. Click Choose File then either Run (to load to RAM slot 0) or Store.

You can also download / clone the files from the repo: GitHub - pingdynasty/OwlWebControl
and then open directly from your local filesystem

2 Likes

Yeees - many many thanks offline webcontrol working fine :slight_smile:

1 Like