Need help wrong driver

Hey,

i just recieved a hoxton owl and i tried to make it run on windows 7.
So i followed the link for it and used zadig. But i installed the driver in the wrong mode (the standard mode, not the dfu mode) and now owlsnest can’t find the owl-pedal anymore . Does anybody know how to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Moritz Göttert

1 Like

Hi Moritz,

you should be able to simply remove the driver and install again.

But you say it’s the DFU driver that’s not working -
in OwlNest, can you connect to the pedal in MIDI mode?

Hey mars.

I had the problem, that owlnest couldn’t find a dfu-device, so i followed the instructions on this page: http://hoxtonowl.com/wiki/Windows_drivers , except, that i didn’t connect my owl in the dfu mode. i had it connected in the standard mode. after recognizing my mistake, i connected the owl in the dfu mode and reinstalled this driver also. but now when i connect my owl (standard mode) owlnest can’t find it (also not as midi in or as midi out). before changing both drivers, owlnest could find the owl.

so i think my mistake was to install the driver with zadig, while the owl was connected in standard mode and now there is a wrong driver (maybe?).
what can i do about it ?

thank you,

moritz

and how can i remove and install the driver again, if that is the problem?

Hi Rossoy,

you can uninstall drivers by using Device Manager, follow these steps:

• Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.
  • Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
  • On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  • When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

You can do this procedure for OWL in standard, and a second time for OWL in DFU mode.
You are now back to the original state.

Thank you :slight_smile: it worked great :wink:

Hi
I have exactly the same problem.

hi @Nina1

what version Windows are you on? Does the OWL show up in Device Manager?