New firmware version for Lich, Magus, Wizard and Alchemist available now!
The big new feature in this release is thanks to revamped USB drivers:
USB Audio Microphone (audio source) support!
This means that after a firmware upgrade, when you plug the USB into your computer (Mac, Win, or Linux) the device will show up as a stereo, 48kHz audio microphone. With this audio interface you can stream audio from the analogue inputs to your computer.
This is the first step towards a more fully fledged and flexible USB Audio functionality which will hopefully soon support audio in both directions. We've had one report of occasional glitches in the audio (hello @antisvin!), which we've not been able to reproduce and diagnose, so hoping that wider testing will help us pin that down. It has been working flawlessly for several other test users, including myself.
The full change list is:
- Updated USB audio driver
- Fix USB audio mic driver Windows support
- Added PATCH_BUTTON_ON/OFF MIDI controls
- Don't raise errors for incomplete SysEx messages (Mac OS)
- Added patch resource support
- Refactor subproject code and Owl class
- Added background tasks
- Created background tasks for MIDI SysEx message batches
- New Magus resource menu