Noob pd compiling questions

So I am trying to compile a pd patch. I think the problem is that I’m using “midiin” and "array"and “list” which the compiler doesn’t recognise, for some reason.

I don’t know how to make my patch work without these objects. i need to get sysex data into the patch and store a set of data to access at audio rate (its a microtuner)

How can I proceed?

error message :

Building patch microtuner1 [93mWarning:[0m The release “r2017.01” expired on 2017-07-31. It may be removed at any time! 1) [91mError:[0m _main.pd in “_main.pd” @ (x:0, y:0): Don’t know how to parse object “array”. Is it an object supported by Heavy? Is it an abstraction? Have the search paths been correctly configured? 2) [91mError:[0m _main.pd in “_main.pd” @ (x:0, y:0): Don’t know how to parse object “array”. Is it an object supported by Heavy? Is it an abstraction? Have the search paths been correctly configured? 3) [91mError:[0m _main.pd in “_main.pd” @ (x:0, y:0): Don’t know how to parse object “list”. Is it an object supported by Heavy? Is it an abstraction? Have the search paths been correctly configured? 4) [91mError:[0m _main.pd in “_main.pd” @ (x:0, y:0): Don’t know how to parse object “list”. Is it an object supported by Heavy? Is it an abstraction? Have the search paths been correctly configured? 5) [91mError:[0m _main.pd in “_main.pd” @ (x:0, y:0): Don’t know how to parse object “midiin”. Is it an object supported by Heavy? Is it an abstraction? Have the search paths been correctly configured? 6) [91mError:[0m _main.pd in “_main.pd” @ (x:0, y:0): There was an error while connecting two objects. Have all objects been correctly instantiated? Have all inlets and outlets been declared? 7) [91mError:[0m _main.pd in “_main.pd” @ (x:0, y:0): There was an error while connecting two objects. Have all objects been correctly instantiated? Have all inlets and outlets been declared? 8) [91mError:[0m _main.pd in “_main.pd” @ (x:0, y:0): There was an error while connecting two objects. Have all objects been correctly instantiated? Have all inlets and outlets been declared? 9) [91mError:[0m _main.pd in “_main.pd” @ (x:0, y:0): There was an error while connecting two objects. Have all objects been correctly instantiated? Have all inlets and outlets been declared? 10) [91mError:[0m [comment text] in “_main.pd” @ (x:0, y:0): Connection made to non-existent inlet at [comment {u’text’: ‘null object placeholder (array)’}]:0. 11) [91mError:[0m [comment text] in “_main.pd” @ (x:0, y:0): Connection made to non-existent inlet at [comment {u’text’: ‘null object placeholder (array)’}]:1. 12) [91mError:[0m [comment text] in “_main.pd” @ (x:0, y:0): Connection made to non-existent inlet at [comment {u’text’: ‘null object placeholder (list)’}]:1. 13) [91mError:[0m [comment text] in “_main.pd” @ (x:0, y:0): Connection made to non-existent inlet at [comment {u’text’: ‘null object placeholder (list)’}]:1. 14) [91mError:[0m [comment text] in “_main.pd” @ (x:0, y:0): Connection made to non-existent inlet at [comment {u’text’: ‘null object placeholder (list)’}]:1. 15) [91mError:[0m [comment text] in “_main.pd” @ (x:0, y:0): Connection made to non-existent inlet at [comment {u’text’: ‘null object placeholder (list)’}]:0. 16) [91mError:[0m [trigger l] in “_main.pd” @ (x:478, y:247): Heavy only supports arguments ‘a’, ‘f’, ‘s’, and ‘b’. 17) [91mError:[0m [comment text] in “_main.pd” @ (x:0, y:0): Connection made to non-existent inlet at [comment {u’text’: ‘null object placeholder (list)’}]:0. INFO: make exit code is 2.

Hello!
Have you got a link to the patch? Doesn’t have to be public.
We don’t currently support MIDI Sysex communication straight to a patch, and Heavy doesn’t support midiin afaik.
For a list of MIDI mappings have a look at https://hoxtonowl.com/mediawiki/index.php/MidiMappings - note that not all of these are available for Pd targets.

For list and array I’m afraid I don’t know the answer, my Pd is rubbish - I thought tabread and tabwrite were used for tables?

There’s an example somewhere of storing a short sample in a Pd patch, I’m sure microtuning data can be stored in the same way. Anyone else know which patch that is?

https://hoxtonowl.com/patch-library/patch/microtuner2

I was hoping to change the tunings on the fly with Midi tuning standard commands (MTS)
but I guess thats not going to happen with pd
Would a C++ patch be able to receive sysex?

Am I right in thinking the ins and outs of the OWL are between -5v and +5v?

link - https://hoxtonowl.com/patch-library/patch/microtuner2

dunno why that didn’t appear