Online Compiler - Where are Error Logs?

Hi,

I just got my Owl Pedal and I’m trying to create my own patches. Lacking a step-by-step guide, I read through the documentation pages and did what I think is recommended: writing cpp code and using the online compiler.

So, after looking through the code for a few patches, I started from the “gain” patch and commented out a few lines to turn it more into an “empty” patch. I pushed the file up to by GitHub:

Then, in the “Patches” section of the Owl website, I created a new patch, pointed it to my github, and was pleased to see a new page be available under “My Patches”.

Unfortunately, when I ask it to “Build Sysex”, it fails, giving me a cryptic message “Patch compilation failed. Please check the logs for errors.”. When I click on the tab for stdout or stderr, it simply says “Please wait…”

Does anyone have a suggestion on where to find the “logs for errors” or how to find out why my patch won’t compile?

Thanks,

Chip

Sounds like you’re doing everything right - I shall investigate…

Same here. In fact I can’t compile an example from the gallery.

I pasted the content from the Wavetable example in a file called test.pd, uploaded and got an error. No stderr output…

Also, I tried some patches in PD, just simple oscillators and things like that and the result is always the same. I did compile successfully a patch yesterday, then nothing.

One question, is the compiler (PD and C++) available for download? It would be much simpler working on our patches.

It seems like there’s a problem with the online code at the moment, we should have it fixed by tomorrow.

> One question, is the compiler (PD and C++) available for download? It would be much simpler working on our patches.

Yes certainly, you can compile and load directly onto the device:

You just need to download and install the pre-requisites first.

There was a problem with displaying error messages which has now been fixed (thanks Sam!)

The online compiler now works again both for code that compiles, and code that doesn’t - just click the stderr tab for a full error log.

Hi,

Yes, it does now compile my patches, but now it won’t let me edit the patch info nor will it let me create a new patch. It simply says “Internal Error” when I hit the “Save” button at the bottom of the “Edit Patch” or “Add Patch” pages.

Any chance that can be fixed?

Chip

thanks for letting us now, working on a fix now

Okay so after a bit of frantic detective work we’ve tracked down and fixed the problem. Apologies for the downtime - all working fine now!

If you have any more errors using the website let us know - thanks!