Owl breakdown , issue on tour

Hello
During my last concert ,my owl did not work anymore … I opened the pedal and see

the little led on the upper électronic card lighting.
The main led doesn’t light , the effect doesn’t work too.
It’s the first time I have this problem on my pedalboard .
What shall I do ?
Send it to hoxton so as to repair it ?
Forget this stuff ?

Best regards Preformatted text

Hi Reno,
you can send it back to be fixed or you could try a re-flashing process.
If you hold down the LED push-button while you plug it in, does it flash red three times?
If it does then the bootloader still works, which is good news.

If it doesn’t then it’s still possible to force bootloader mode, aka DFU mode. Instructions for that are here:
https://hoxtonowl.com/mediawiki/index.php/Hardware_DFU

Either way let us know and we can provide more details.

Hi Martin,
thank you for your reply !
I allready tried to hold the Led push-button while pluging it but it doesn’t flash ;(
So the bootloader doesnt work anymore .
the breakdown occurs after a gig , I didn’t change anything or load something new in the Owl , so I’m afraid it can be an hardware issue …

okay I’ll PM you for return

Thank you very much for repairing my favorite pedal !!! It goes back to the stage !!!

1 Like

Hi Martin ,
I’m very sorry but my owl doen’t work anymore again ;(
the switch has some random issues and it’s not possible to use Usb connection to change the patch . the pedal didn’t get any shock, it was in my pedal board with my 14 other analog effect …(the owl is my lonely numeric effect pedal …and might be one of my favorite )
could I do something ? open it ? check or change some component ? send it you again ?
Could you help me please ?
thank you for your very precious help !!!

Hi @renorenoreno, did you get in touch with Paddy about this? If not pls email us!

Hello
Yes Paddy told me to send it again , I will do tomorrow ! Thank you very much :wink:

1 Like

Hello
I try to get an answer from Paddy concerning my owl but i didn’t succed. Is there anything i shall do ?
Best regards

We’ve been trying to source a replacement digital board, but it’s been tricky with people being away. Paddy will get back to you shortly.

Hello Martin
do you have news of my owl ?
I still didn’t get any message from Paddy .
Best regards