Owl-Modular stuck

thank you for quick response !
all LED blink happens immediately whenever device is powerd. i updated firmware to v21.1, but bootloader is original as far as i remember.
maybe i should get st-link programmer anyway…

It’s very unfortunate that it doesn’t boot. I think that getting the programmer is the best solution. Otherwise you can always contact @mars if you’d like to send it for repair.

By the way, there are some improvements in upcoming firmware for Magus:

• right encoder can be used to switch active parameter
  • 40 parameters can be used instead of just 20
    and other enhancements for all OWL devices - USB audio input and output works now, also you will be able to store up to 8 Mb of patches or data (wavetables/samples, etc) on external flash.

Yes that looks like a reset loop.

I think we should add something to the Magus firmware: if any encoder is pressed on startup, then don’t start the default patch.
Should also add a bootloader enable pin, even if it requires opening up the device and setting a jumper to set it.

Unfortunately neither will help you get out of this evil reset cycle!

Unfortunately this won’t work: the silicon revision does not support USB DFU.

Connecting a programmer is not super easy and will probably require soldering. Setting up the software can be a bit of a pain also. If you’d prefer to send it back (to Spain) just PM me :slight_smile:

yes it would be super fantastic to have bootloader pin etc. !
anyway i’m not confident to work with programmer… so going to send you PM.
thank you for your support !!!

It shouldn’t require soldering if digital board is taken out of the socket and powered by USB. The pins would be free for connecting to programmer as long as it has DuPont connectors like ST-Link v2 and clones. Soldering is only required if you want to boot firmware to debug it, etc.