Owl Pedal - Possible to set delay length in ms?

I’m trying to build a simple looper, using a delay. I’d like to be able to set the delay time to a BPM (or milliseconds, or samples) on stage. So far, I’ve only made a crude version in PD, that uses a list for different loop lengths. Unfortunately, it won’t be precise enough to use on stage. Are there any other approaches? Any advice is appreciated!

What about using [metro] banging a [tabread~]?

Sorry I mixed concepts. Forget what I said.

You can use a [phasor~] multiplied by the length of the loop. Then you can drive the [tabread~] with that signal.

If you want to be able to accurately dial in a tempo, then you will probably either have to limit the choices (e.g. make a preset list that you can move through with a knob or the pushbutton), or use some external MIDI control. This could be a phone or tablet with a micro-usb OTG connector, or a MIDI controller with USB Host interface.

If you are more ambitious you could otherwise make a custom controller that connects through the expression pedal input, the pins expose a serial interface!

1 Like

Ah, I thought he meant he wasn’t getting a steady delay.

Thanks Martin! That is exactly what I was wondering. I will check out the micro-usb OTG and midi input (which I did not realize the Owl Pedal had).