Patch showcase- Wiggle, Sisters, + a weird PLL

Hi all, I hope other people will start showcasing their patches soon…
Here’s a wogglebug-inspired patch, a Three Sisters-like patch which does simple “spectral mixing” and an attempt in making a Phase Locked Loop.
They all include a max-patch for easy editing/exporting! Copy and edit at will!

They are all work in progress, if you want to contribute, let me know!

2 Likes

PLLs are sweet, I ended up getting an analog one (Doepfer A-196). And I’ve used something based on code from MI Tides (or was that from Marbles?) that is effectively a PLL (but not an emulation of analog one). PLL output was used as phasor for wavetable lookup and used envelope from original signal. Result is that you get a signal that resembles your input, but uses spectrum distribution from the wavetable. Maybe I should convert that to an OWL patch too.

@antisvin I’d love to see your PLL implementation! Mines… not that good… haha!

Brilliant - don’t forget to add the .gendsp file too, please!

Also the Two Sisters doesn’t seem to have compiled. Was there a compilation error?

Hi @mars, thanks! I recompiled the Two Sisters, don’t know what happened there.

As for the .gendsp- it’s included in the .maxpat for these.

1 Like

is the filter on the two sisters correct? It looks like just notch filters. The high/low pass dont seem to work and the notches are not very wide. sent noise through these and they look funny.

Hi! Are you using two different sources? Hi/lopass does work, they’re built on two svf~ filters. Maybe not a very distinctive character, but it does work well for what the Mannequins manual calls “spectral mixing”. :slight_smile: