(PD) Looking for a better way to do Stereo

Uploaded a patch called PD Phaser. Its a phaser. In pure data.

So basically i’m trying to figure out know how to deal with the possibility of both mono / stereo input scenarios.

What i would like to have happen is if there is only one input, the signal gets split to two separate phasers, one goes left one goes right.

But then if there are two inputs, each should get processed separately and then mixed together with the ability to pan it from fully mixed stereo to dual mono.

I think i can do either option but i dont know how to do both in one patch. Tried googling this but maybe there’s a term that is missing from my vocabulary to describe what i want to do?

Would also appreciate general informative links for beginners like myself. I managed to find a link to the enzien compiler which was pretty useful and not featured in the wiki, maybe there are other resources like that?

Thanks.

The OWL works always on stereo mode, even when you have only the L input connected. The R input is connected automatically to L input when there is no jack connected to it.

If you just want the same effect applied to different inputs just copy the left channel routine to the right channel. When R is connected, each channel will process one signal, when R is disconnected, both channels will process L channel.

Just remember: R = L when there’s no jack connected to R.

Hello jg! You’re right, we should improve the wiki and link to Enzien. Apart from that, you have seen our tutorials right?

http://www.rebeltech.org/educational/

The OWL works always on stereo mode, even when you have only the L input connected. The R input is connected automatically to L input when there is no jack connected to it.

If you just want the same effect applied to different inputs just copy the left channel routine to the right channel. When R is connected, each channel will process one signal, when R is disconnected, both channels will process L channel.

Just remember: R = L when there’s no jack connected to R.

Yes! thanks for confirming that for me, i discovered this when finally trying out the compiled patch. its great that it happens automatically.