Problem with Online C++ compiler

Hi,
I wanted to do some programming using the online C++ compiler. However I got some problems. To get a reason for what’s causing this I’ve tried to compile one of your example patches “BiasPatch”.
When I paste the source code into the editor in a new project I get this error when compiling it:

Patch Compilation Failed
StdoutStderr
In file included from /tmp/owl/owl-src-frSc4g/Bias.cpp:43:0: ./LibSource/StompBox.h:4:2: warning: #warning The file StompBox.h is deprecated, please use Patch.h instead [-Wcpp] #warning The file StompBox.h is deprecated, please use Patch.h instead ^ In file included from /tmp/owl/owl-src-frSc4g/Bias.cpp:43:0, from /tmp/owl/owl-build-TrFRQj/registerpatch.h:1, from ./Source/PatchProgram.cpp:7: ./LibSource/StompBox.h:4:2: warning: #warning The file StompBox.h is deprecated, please use Patch.h instead [-Wcpp] #warning The file StompBox.h is deprecated, please use Patch.h instead ^ /tmp/owl/owl-build-TrFRQj/registerpatch.cpp: In function 'void setup(ProgramVector*)': /tmp/owl/owl-build-TrFRQj/registerpatch.cpp:1:16: error: 'Bias' does not name a type REGISTER_PATCH(Bias, "untitled-563d9d957dff", 2, 2); ^ ./Source/PatchProgram.cpp:43:73: note: in definition of macro 'REGISTER_PATCH' #define REGISTER_PATCH(T, STR, IN, OUT) registerPatch(STR, IN, OUT, new T) ^ make[1]: *** [/tmp/owl/owl-build-TrFRQj/PatchProgram.o] Error 1 make: *** [patch] Error 2 ERROR: Patch build failed.
CLOSE
:)

When I replace “StompBox.h” by “Patch.h” I get this one:
/tmp/owl/owl-build-iV6nPt/registerpatch.cpp: In function ‘void setup(ProgramVector*)’: /tmp/owl/owl-build-iV6nPt/registerpatch.cpp:1:16: error: ‘Bias’ does not name a type REGISTER_PATCH(Bias, “untitled-d37d7d1e1de1”, 2, 2); ^ ./Source/PatchProgram.cpp:43:73: note: in definition of macro ‘REGISTER_PATCH’ #define REGISTER_PATCH(T, STR, IN, OUT) registerPatch(STR, IN, OUT, new T) ^ make[1]: *** [/tmp/owl/owl-build-iV6nPt/PatchProgram.o] Error 1 make: *** [patch] Error 2 ERROR: Patch build failed.

What do I have to change to get my code compiling?
Thx
Andre

Have you got a link to your patch pls?

Make sure the file is saved as BiasPatch.hpp

Hi Martin,
my patch is under the link https://hoxtonowl.com/edit-patch/SymPingPongDelayPatch/
But I’m not sure that you can see it because it’s not public.
In the meantime I managed some problems with it. But now I’m stuck because I have no idea of the current problem.

Shame on me! Since I am a long term Java developer now, I had forgotten all this preprocessor fun! Now it is compiling.
Thx for your help!
Andre

Hi,
I just dug up this thread because I have the same problem… And I’m just starting to venture into programming in C++. What do I have to do with the preprocessor? What do I do with my .hpp files before I compile them with the online compiler?

All help is much appreciated
Thanks,
Anders