[solved] Can't connect to Magus

Yes, you’ve used correct address, so it most likely means that there’s no valid bootloader that could run this firmware.

Bootloader image posted here before had an issue in Pedal build, that’s why it got removed. Here’s updated builds for OWL1, including Modular version that enables staying in bootloader mode if pushbutton is pressed.

MidiBoot-Modular.bin (23.2 KB)
MidiBoot-Modular.syx (27.7 KB)
MidiBoot-Pedal.bin (23.2 KB)
MidiBoot-Pedal.syx (27.7 KB)

For bootloader flashing you should change command to use different file and address, so it becomes:
dfu-util -d 0483:df11 -c 1 -i 0 -a 0 -s 0x8000000:leave -D MidiBoot-Pedal.bin

If it goes well, you should be able to either boot last flashed firmware or it may reset to bootloader if firmware is invalid. You can tell that by USB device name (OWL-BOOT vs OWL-MIDI).

Progress! The new bootloader works and I was able to load the v21.2-rc4.bin file via dfu-util and the ST bootlooader which almost worked, survived reboots, was able to load patches but couldn’t switch between them.

I then tried to use the firmware.html page to load MidiBoot-Pedal.syx and this does not work, if I follow every step, it never updates after “sending data” - if I power cycle the unit while holding the button, it is recognized as OWL-BOOT and if I skip to step 3 and choose the syx file, step 4 returns complete immediately but the firmware doesn’t run.

You should install updated firmware from github (Release OpenWare v21.2 · pingdynasty/OpenWare · GitHub) , that would likely fix patch switching.

I’m not sure why you were trying to flash the same bootloader again after you’ve flashed it with DFU, it wasn’t necessary.

was just going to update you here, I did download the correct syx from github and that worked, thank you. Browser midi connection seems flaky isn’t recognized sometimes, but I was able get it to work.

how do I switch patches from the pedal when not connected usb? I can only run the patch I put in slot 1 it seems.

Thanks for all the help.

Explained earlier in this very topic: