USB connectivity

Hi

Silly question really but do I need rack power to see the Lich when connected to USB (for uploading/firmware etc). Its very dead at the moment (out of the rack) connected to my macbook!

Cheers
Richard

Don’t know for the Lich, but for the OWL you definitely need rack power…

Yes Lich is not designed to be USB powered.

Great
After having just built it I was away for the Bank Holiday (in the UK) and I just took it along to a place with no rack power. 50% chance it might have worked :slight_smile: I even tried the USB port on the Owl board but I think that is for other things.
Fingers crossed it all fires up when I pop it in the rack then. I have checked all my soldering and passed the smoke test so hopefully everything will be ok.
The only concern is the closeness of the pads for R25,R26 and R29,R30 with the outer legs of Q1 and Q2. Without looking at the schematic I hope these are all at the same voltage as I may have bridged one R29 with Q2 outer leg!

Nice to have a forum with caring members so many thanks for responding. I am also building a TTSH via forum help on ‘Mod’ Wiggler and that is a good forum also.

Cheers

let’s have a look…

yes those are all fine.

Hope you get to connect it soon and have a lot of fun with it!

Hi
Thanks for that. All fired up ok on v.20.10 with the 4 programs.
When I try to flash v.21.2 (Lich.syx) I get an error:

Error:Error 0x60 Flash firmware TODO

Cheers
Richard

Update
I managed to update to 21.2 rc2 but after resetting it to the boot loader mode.
Even then it just said sending xxxx bytes and just sat there with the right button lit.
After a while I just hit the refresh page button to see that the 21.2 firmware had been stored?!

I can load patches ok but now the left button flashes randomly :frowning:
I still think there is something wrong as I did not see the uploading messages with the firmware sysex transfer.

Cheers

So I think Im in trouble now as I re-flashed back down to 20.1 (original 4 patches are there) but now after power up the left button seems to flash randomly for about a minute then clam down stay off.

Mmm

Cheers

Strange - re-flashed back to 21.2 rc2 (after lots of error messages but at least I saw ‘firmware upload complete’) and all seems ok

Fingers crossed.

1 Like

This means that you’re trying to flash firmware when firmware is running, but you only can do it when bootloader is running. So you must enter bootloader mode and flash after that instead.

And it also means that we need better errors messages sometimes, ahem.