Website is down

My Lich got wiped and the website isn’t working, so I can’t do anything with it! Is there any kind of option for an offline patch manager?

2 Likes

Yeah, patches are built using https://github.com/RebelTechnology/OwlProgram . You certainly can do it on your own. I’ve pinged people from Befaco/Rebeltech, hopefully someone will get to restart server or something.

4 Likes

oof… just as i got back into it and installed the new mk3 owl into the lich.

2 Likes

Same here! Super curious about performance and I’m not getting a good gauge with the default patches. I’m checking it every 5 minutes obsessing haha, I wonder what’s going on?

Has anyone been in contact with the Rebel team? Am curious when the site will be back up.

1 Like

@antisvin literally said they did (or at least sent a message their way).

The only thing we can do is wait.

Offline patch management requires a variety of stuff to be installed and configured.
Totally worthwhile if you fancy writing your own code, but the site’s bound to be back up before you’d get it working. (especially if you’re on windows)

@mars I am jumping to assumptions but we are here and happy to support. @Befaco would be great if you chimed in also and we can all find a solution!

4 Likes

Down again! Somebody forgot the second part of “Did you try turning it off and on again” :joy:

One message is enough to report this

2 Likes

Now it’s back, but certificate expired. And, when ignoring that in Chrome, some API calls fail so I can’t edit / compile presets. Don’t want to be pushy, but I’m blocked. I tried the offline method, but cannot get it to work on my mac…

Well you can be pushy or not, but it would hardly make any difference. This gets solved once someone who has access to server can restart it, because apparently it doesn’t happen automatically on certificate renewal (even though it should, in theory). Best thing to do to avoid frustration whenever they get another outage would be by figuring out why you have problems with building/flashing patches offline, since there are MacOS users who manage to do it.

I would very much like to be able to do that. Do you have pointers how this could be set up? I found Howl - Self Contained Build Environment for OWL - #33 by bfabricius here, but that doesn’t seem to want to work on my M1 mac. Are there other solutions?

Start from the official docs and if it doesn’t work for you then create a new thread with detailed information about the error that you get. If you run into some issues that you solve yourself, documenting it on forum could help others. And just to help you avoid some confusion, it seems like ARM-GCC v13.x might not be usable, 12.x or older should be OK.

2 Likes

Site is back! Just in time for me :smiley:. That was a scare…
Now I really want to make the offline version working…

Anyone set up the offline environment using VirtualBox on Windows? Don’t see why it wouldn’t work. I’ve got a spare Mac and old Linux box sitting there but would rather unload those.

1 Like

I got it mostly working in my Mac, following the ‘official docs’ linked above by @antisvin . The only issue is that Faust patches don’t work, because the online version uses some unknown really old version of Faust and apparently the memory management or something changed. Patches compile, but nothing but noisy garbage is produced by the Lich when uploaded.

It should be possible to update Faust though, don’t you think? Haven’t tried it myself (in this context) but I’ve done both “sudo apt install faust” on Ubuntu as well as building it from source a few times. For reference, I’ve only tried it in the last few months with an Owl Modular so don’t have any perspective on the Lich.

Hi there,
@mars seems like the web is down again,
Best,

1 Like