I have sporadically used Witch in the past year or so, but now I have decided to utilise its powers again, so I thought to start with the device’s firmware upgrade as there has been some progress in that area, before I start browsing through patches library.
- I have connected the device to my laptop and opened Witch page in Firefox (with WebMIDI API’s installed and enabled) The Witch
- Witch was recognized with firmware 22.0 which was correct version.
- In order to successfully update the firmware I have opened OpenWare lab’s page here OpenWareLaboratory
- I have downloaded the latest Witch firmware file which is for version 22.5
- Then I have followed the step as described on OpenWare page
- Followed the messages and when I got “Firmware Upload Complete” I was happy as there was only one step left to succeed: “Device Reset”
- Device reset was in progress for too long - I have waited half an hour and nothing happened - device went totally blank, no LEDs were on, and the OpenWare page was showing “OWL-BOOT” at Midi In/Out
- Then I reloaded the page - probably a huge mistake -, and the next in Midi In/Out was “none”.
- I have tried to reboot Witch and the laptop several times, removed cookies and whatnot, but not a single thing helped to get Witch alive again.
now, I am pretty much desperate as I might have ruined the device which I really liked and wanted to use more often.
every help and constructive advice will be utterly appreciated.
thank you very much in advance