I had some time for Howl today, so here's an update:
I've refactored most of the code and am currently playing around with a project layout that I can release.
- htaudio-de/arch-howl base box v0.1.1 (experimental) is now released on vagrantcloud
- Im about half way through the installer script which is intended to automate most of the setup process
Currently the installer:
* checks for virtual box running on host
* installs the arm toolchain on host if it hasnt already been installed
* installs owl program on host if it hasnt been installed and is capable of updating owl program from git
* installs the new arch-howl base box for vagrant if it hasnt been added yet
Ive also refactored the Vagrantfile and kicked most provisioning out of it. A lot of what I was doing there is no longer necessary because the box already comes with all necessary dependencies installed including the FirmwareSender binary which is alredy installed into the box at /usr/local/bin
* vagrant up, and running an arch upgrade provisioner (this already works from cli)
* running vagrant provisioner to build OWL patch binary
* running a test to check if FirmwareSender works
* running a USB Midi test
* running a c++ test compile patch
So its coming along nicely, hope to continue work soon.