Mix 01, Mix 02, different uses?

If I understand, MIX 01 and MIX 02 modules do basically the same thing, but different ways.

Both take a mono signal, and split it to Left and Right outputs (L/R).

MIX 01 uses 2 separate pots to boost/attenuate the L/R outputs, no pan pot.
MIX 02 has one pot to boost/attenuate the mono signal, plus a L/R Pan pot.

Why would you use one method or the other, to pan a signal ?

Background…
I need a module to take my mono sounds, and place them at different points across a two speaker system, just before the final audio stereo output. (aka pseudo stereo)
Both of these do that.
The advantage I can see with the MIX 01, is it’s easier to overdrive the Left or Right output, if wanted, and have more control over this.
The advantage I can see with the MIX 02, is you only need to turn one pot to adjust the overall gain, then use the pan pot as desired.
What else am I not thinking of ?

I think it’s mostly a question of use case and personal preference.

Matrix mixers (individual pots for left/right level) are popular in modular because they give you a routing matrix. The outputs might go to different places, if it is audio you might have the left side going into a filter and the right into a VCA. You can then easily set the levels for each output channel. And if you are mixing CV signals they might do entirely different things.
Often matrix mixers have more outputs, for example with two Mix 02’s you can have 4 in / 4 out (as well as 8 in / 2 out). Or add a Mix 03 for an extra output.

Panning mixers are generally used for more straightforward audio mixing, when you are mixing to stereo. Controlling the L/R levels with a single pot is definitely more convenient. As with the matrix mixer you might want to add channels, e.g. a send or two. E.g. one Mix 02 and one Mix 01 makes a nice stereo mixer with two sends.

Thank you Mars.

I’ll be keeping an eye on this topic.

When will your US sellers also carry the rear connection cables ?

Since these cables fulfill a major function, shouldn’t they be available at all your dealers ?
Perfect Circuit (US) says they don’t carry them.