Performance Mixer for line/synth level

Hi there
I/m considering building a small standalone performance mixer for external gear, so a mix of synths and outboard (mostly pedal) effects and am considering the mix series combined with something like Divkid Mutes. Does anyone have experience using the mix series at line/synth level? Would I need to bring my line/synth levels up to modular to get the most out of the MIX 02 modules for example? I won’t be mixing any modular levels in at this point. Also what would be the best combo of Mix modules to get mono and stereo inputs and a couple of sends out?
many thanks
Andy

Hi Andy,
the modules are of course made for Eurorack level mixing, so with line level inputs you’d only be using a fraction of the available headroom. It would still work, and the left / right output levels would be proportionate to the input levels. But the line level output (on Mix 01 and 02) would be too low to be useful.

Mix 03 is very useful as a send. How many input and output channels did you have in mind? Bear in mind that all the inputs on the Mix series are mono, since that’s what we use in modular land.

For example, to make a mixer with 8 ins, stereo out, and two sends, you could use either two rows like this:
[02 03 03]
[02 03 03]
i e two Mix 02’s, four Mix 03’s
or swap the mono mixers for two Mix 01’s like this:
[02 01]
[02 01]
where you utilise the two sides of the Mix 01 as separate sends.
Both of these configurations can also be used in many more ways than a normal 8in / 4out mixer, for example as two independent 8in / 2out mixers.

Hope this is clear, happy to provide more info if not!